20th May 2015
We are going to Ladysmith on May 20th for their first meeting on forming a Watershed Roundtable!
Below is the agenda for the evening. We encourage anyone who is interested to attend.
Public Meeting—Community Watershed Management in the Ladysmith Area
Location and Time:
Aggie Hall Ladysmith
Wednesday, May 20th 2015
The primary purpose of this meeting is to explore and help develop a “made in Ladysmith” round table for watershed management by:
· gathering ideas and approaches based on the experience of other groups
· allow interests and the public and opportunity to make comments and ask questions about structure, priorities and process for community watershed management
· provide a basis for Stz’uminus First Nation, the town of Ladysmith and the citizens group to be able to take the information assembled from the meeting and develop terms of reference and agenda for a Ladysmith approach to watershed management.
Welcome and Opening Remarks
Chief John Elliott
Mayor Aaron Stone
Domenico Iannidinardo, Chief Forester TimberWest
Greg Roberts, Citizens Group
Bruce Fraser—Shawnigan Basin Roundtable
Genevieve Singleton—Cowichan Stewardship Roundtable
Theresa Fresco—Fraser Basin Council
Oliver Brandes, Jon O’Riordin, POLIS Water Project
Comments, Questions and Answer Session
1. Comments from various interests invited to the meeting (e.g. forestry, fisheries, local government, environmental stewardship groups, backcountry recreational groups, local business etc. ) The focus should be on opportunities, priorities, ideas on structure, concerns or issues with a community approach to watershed management for the Ladysmith area) In the interest of time, try to keep comments to under 3 minutes each.
2. General public comments and questions
Summary and Next Steps:
Chief John Elliott, Mayor Stone and Greg Roberts